Thursday, June 21, 2007

From my hotel window in Paris...



Not a sketch, obviously. But this is the blog where I can post things of a less strictly animation-related nature, and so to go with my earlier drawn observations here's a brief moving one.

This was my last morning in Paris, an hour before the taxi took us back to the airport. 7am. Across from the French senate(the building on the right)and the Jardin de Luxembourg.

It's not much of a movie, but it was taken with my friend's borrowed SLR digital still camera, and I had no idea what I was doing so I'm happy it's this good. It's a shame, really, that I didn't realize until the last morning and almost the last minute that I could do any sort of videoing with the camera.

What I like about this, and the reason I'm shooting the buildings, is of course for my own posterity, and also to record the fantastic morning light as it fell on the stone. I've never seen light in my life before that looked like the light in Paris.

5 comments:

pbcbstudios said...

ah.... paris..... i need to go back! so inspiring


love your studies in earlier posts too!

Randeep Katari said...

Jenny. I love you. Thanks SO much for posting this video, I think you may have shown me a locale for my film. Do you have any other stuff similar to this? Still form is actually probably better for myself...

Kali Fontecchio said...

You were in Paris????!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! I love all the sketches below by the way! Makes me want to watch Playtime for the 100th time!

C.Deboda said...

Nice! I see what you mean about the lighting. No wonder it's such a great place to paint.

Lee-Roy said...

Jenny! I was in Paris for a week, shortly after you were there. I didn't do nearly as much sketching as you. Nearly none, really, but lots of photos and memories to draw from.

Great sketches and observations, Jenny.